Raw Food is Best Coupled with Cooked Vegan Food For Most People
By Sandra Weaver
Raw food and its powerful nutrients protect us from the thousands of chemical pollutants, food additives, heavy metals, pesticides, GMO's, medicine residue, and other toxins, which we are bombarded with daily. It's the ideal plant-based diet for some that nature intended for us from the beginning. But, for most of us, cooked vegan food must be included as well, because raw food is harder to digest.
Andreas Moritz renowned health practitioner and bestselling author of many books including "Cancer is not a Disease" and "The Amazing Liver and Gallbladder Flush", has this to say about a 100% raw food diet. I highly respect his opinion and have personally benefited from his work:
A higher percentage of raw food in the summer is fine. More cooked is natural in the winter months.
Consuming all cooked food deprives the body of crucial enzymes found in raw food. Our body benefit from these enzymes to digest food and run our metabolism. But, for many, too much raw food is hard work for the body to digest, which can cause digestion to shut down as it did for me. Find your ideal amount of both raw and cooked.
For some too much raw warning signs are chronic digestive problems, gas, bloating, too much weight loss, loss the energy, and poor absorption of nutrients, especially in the winter months.
First the body has to heat the raw food. Then it has to break down the heavier fibers that cooking would have "pre-digested". Your body will tell you what percentage of raw and cooked is right for you...listen.
Herbivores have sliding jaw joints and flat, grinding back molars...and so do people.
These are horses teeth. Do they look familiar?
On a diet of animal products, processed foods and GMOs humanity can look forward to a future of more:
obesity, chronic degenerative diseases, brain fog and mental disorders. Many of us have simply reached the tipping point where our bodies can no longer "save us" from ourselves, and drastic lifestyle changes may be necessary for our sakes and the environments.
The human colon wasn't designed for animal products. Animal products do not pass easily through the long twisted and indented human bowel meant for plant foods. Carnivore's bowels, on the other hand, were made to digest meat. They're short, smooth and straight for a quick exit of waste. Their digestive system also produces many times more acid to break down meat than humans.
Human teeth can't tear through hides and the flesh of dead animals. They would break off and fall out if we tried to eat flesh like a carnivore.
Americans eat almost double the daily recommended protein set by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration)
The RDA (recommended daily allowance) of protein per adult is 40-56 grams. Americans consume 109 grams average per day. This excess protein is difficult to digest and the body has to find a place for it. It ends up in the veins and arteries till the body can figure out what to do with it. It also putrefies in the the intestines and colon producing all sorts of digestive problems, and a breeding ground for parasites and other invasive microbes.
At best only 18% of the animal protein consumed is useable by the body. The RDA for protein could easily be acquired from a plant-based diet alone. In fact, our bodies produce protein from the different amino acids and other nutrients provided by a balanced vegan diet.
John Wayne's autopsy revealed about 40 lbs of undigested meat and accumulated fecal matter lodged in his colon. He died of colon cancer, the second leading cause of cancer death. (American Cancer Society, 2012 Cancer Fact & Figures) His case is not unusual.
For every kilogram of quality animal protein, six kilograms of plant protein must be fed to cattle.
(D.Pimentel, professor of ecology, Cornell University's College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, 1997.)
- About 100,000 liters of water is needed to produce one kilogram of beef. Only 900 liters of water is needed for the same amount of wheat. U.S. agriculture uses 87% of all the fresh water.
- Fuel consumption energy input to protein output is 54:1 for beef, and just over 3:1 kcal (kilocalories) of fossil fuel for every kcal of grain protein produced.
- Millions of hectares of pasture land are destroyed by herding cattle.
- About 70% of U.S. cropland is used to grow and produce animal food, and 90% of our cropland experiences disturbing amounts of disappearing topsoil. Key areas have lost half their soil in the last 50 years. Soil takes thousands of years to form.
We are running out of fresh clean water and healthy soil. The production of animal food is by far the main cause of these life threatening environmental problems.
Humans are designed to live over 100 years as active and productive individuals...Yes, there are pockets of people like this today.
The people of Okinawa, Japan; Nicoya, Costa Rica; Icaria, Greece and Seven Day Adventists from Loma Linda, California and others, live well into their hundreds, with mental and physical faculties intact.
The common threads between these centarians are diet and values:
- They eat a plant-based diet,
- Family comes first before all other concerns,
- The majority do not smoke or only on occasion in small amounts,
- Constant moderate physical activity keeps body fluids moving, weight normal, and also promotes strong muscles and bones,
- They actively participate in the community and socialize between all age groups,
- They eat legumes (all beans, peas, alfalfa, and clover.)
Your body is not against you. It will do anything to keep you alive and healthy...but it needs your help.
Your immune system is the most powerful and effective tool ever designed to keep you alive and well. When the digestive system, liver and other organs are functioning normally, your body has the ability to correct areas of inflammation and disease. You will feel lighter, stronger, more alert and have the stamina to accomplish daily tasks.
Our ancient ancestors added meat to their diet to avoid extinction. We must go back to a vegan plant-based diet or be confronted with self-induced extinction.
This vegan raw and cooked food website will show you how humanity got to the sorry state of health it's in today...but it won't leave you there. It will show you the way out, and back to radiant health and happiness. The information available on this website has been proven beneficial by many thousands and is based on a plant food diet and regular detoxification.
The sooner we as a species return to a simpler, nature-based lifestyle, cooked and raw food diet, the quicker we will find the healthier low-stress lives we desire.
On this website you will find inspiring and researched articles on:
- Raw Food Blog Helps YOU Determine the Right Vegan Diet for You
- The Raw Food Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the rawfoodnature.com Web site. Subscribe here.
- A Raw Food Diet Will Save You and the Environment
- A raw food diet is ideal for the human anatomy. The long convoluted digestive and elimination systems, and flat grinding teeth of humans weren't designed to digest meat
- Food Combining Rarely Practiced, But Vital for Good Health
- Bad food combining is a major cause of many chronic degenerative diseases. Foods combined properly will eliminate painful gas, heart burn, acid indigestion, constipation, other stomach problems
- Coconut Oil Benefits Health More Than ANY Other Oil
- Coconut oil benefits health both internally and topically. It contains a rare fat called lauric acid that increases good HDL cholesterol, nourishes the brain, destroys HIV, herpes, candida fungus,
- Hemp Benefits Will Improve Our Health and Could Cure Economic Problems Too
- Hemp benefits begin with an impressive nutritional profile. Hemp seeds contain highly beneficial oil, protein and are delicious too. If I had to choose one plant in American to sustain me, hemp
- Eight Ginger Benefits That Will Help Revitalize Your Health
- Ginger benefits became apparent thousands of years ago. This powerful medicinal herb can relieve nausea, boost immunity, improve circulation, relieve pain, improve digestion, and reduce inflammation.
- Avocado Benefits Range from
- Avocado benefits are so vast...
- A Detox Diet Should Cleanse Not Starve the Body
- A detox diet should remove toxicity and nourish at the same time. It can remove a lifetime of accumulated toxins and fecal matter from the body. We are all toxic, even a newborn.
- Lemon Detox Diet Recipes are Very Effective For Weight Loss and Detoxifying
- Lemon detox diet recipes are effective ways to boost energy, cleanse your body and improve mental clarity. Lemon water hydrates and oxygenates filtering out toxins that affect every organ
- Oil Pulling is a Powerful Full Body Detoxifying Method
- Oil pulling involves swishing raw cold pressed oil in the mouth. Oil attracts and removes harmful bacteria, toxins and parasites that live in your mouth or lymphatic system.
- A Coffee Enema is the Most Important Detox Method
- A coffee enema gives you instant results that make you feel better, sleep better, clears foggy brain, and often relieves headaches and pain. Your mood will change
- Wheatgrass has Amazing Nourishing, Cleansing and Healing Benefits
- Wheatgrass is a healthy vital food for herbivores and people both. With over 90 naturally balanced minerals and a broad spectrum of vitamins it's a nutritional and body cleansing powerhouse!
- Seven Benefits of Wheatgrass to Gain Extraordinary Health
- The benefits of wheatgrass start with its impressive nutritional profile. Wheat grass has over 90 balanced minerals and a broad spectrum of vitamins.
- The Benefits of Juicing go Far Beyond Great Taste!
- Key benefits of juicing include powerful detoxification properties, weight loss, increased energy and endurance, greater mental clarity, and improved health. One glass of fresh raw juice can
- Sprouts are Often 30 Times More Nutritious Than the Mature Plant
- Sprouts compared to their dry seed can be over 500% more nutritious in the important B vitamins. Just soaking seeds overnight greatly increases the amount of both the B and C vitamins.
- The Benefits of Sprouts Far Outnumber the Mature Plant
- Key benefits of sprouts start with their extremely rich supply of digestive enzymes. Cooked food has no life force. Sprouts are alive when they entire your body and their abundant nutrients
- Whole Food Supplements and Why They are the ONLY Safe Choice
- Whole food supplements are made from the whole juices and dried parts of garden vegetables and fruits, domestic and wild herbs, sea vegetables, etc.
- Vitamin D Deficiency Plagues 77% of the American Population*
- Vitamin D deficiency is associated with depression, fatigue, prostate cancer, breast cancer, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, obesity, and almost every other degenerative disease.
- Vitamin D Toxicity is Caused by Supplemental Vitamin D2
- Vitamin D toxicity is NOT caused by the sun. Natural D from the sun called D3, is biologically inert when received, and must go through two hydroxylation processes in order to be activated
- Ten Magnesium Benefits Critical for Good Health
- Learning the magnesium benefits is vital for your health. Over 75% of North Americans are magnesium deficient, according to The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHAMES) for 2005-2006.
- Ceylon Cinnamon is Healthy, But Cassia or Common Cinnamon is Toxic
- Ceylon cinnamon can lower blood sugar, ease arthritis and improve cholesterol. High doses of cassia cinnamon, or supermarket cinnamon, can increase chances of liver damage and degenerative diseases.
- Dehydrating Food is the Best Preservation Choice
- Dehydrating food preserves most of the vital enzymes, vitamins and minerals. It's easy to digest and retains fiber. It can have a 20 year shelf life, takes up far less room and weighs much less
- Boost Metabolism in Ten Key Ways
- To boost metabolism, your diet must change to one of quality fats, carbohydrates and proteins. Abundant systemic enzymes, and balanced minerals and vitamins are vital,
- The Citric Acid Cycle and Why Your Life Depends on it
- The citric acid cycle is a series of chemical reactions necessary to produce energy from our food. No energy, no muscle movement, no organ function...no aerobic life would exist without it.
- Why Metabolism Boosting Foods and Exercise are Not Enough For Good Health
- Metabolism boosting foods and exercise help, but a poorly functioning citric acid cycle and thyroid greatly compromises the benefits. This can be corrected for lasting good health.
- Thyroid Supplements Should Only be Administered After the Proper Tests
- Thyroid supplements boost, and medications replace, the function of a sluggish thyroid. Usually, the thyroid needs to be boosted with organic whole plant foods and the proper supplements.
- Raw Vegan Recipes That Entice You to Go Raw
- Raw vegan recipes are far more nutritious, colorful and flavorful than any cooked dish. Remakes of your favorite cooked recipes, even some with meat can be surprisingly similar! Spices are the key
- Asian Noodle Salad is Similar to Chinese Noodle Salad But Meaty Tasting
- Asian noodle salad is a main dish with a good source of quality protein from delicious seasoned nut meat. It's loaded with healthy ingredients and filled with vibrant flavors, colors and nutrition.
- Raw Marinara with Zucchini Noodles
- This raw marinara with zucchini noodles will remind you of a fine cooked sauce, but with more vibrant flavors. Red peppers are used in place of tomatoes, because of the higher inflammatory effects
- Tofu Scramble is a Delicious and Healthy Alternative to Eggs
- This tofu scramble is fast, delicious and RAW. Serve it in place of cooked scrambled eggs for much greater nutrition that's high in digestive enzymes. Organic temph is my personal choice
- This Vegan Chili is Hot, Raw, Nutritious and Delicious
- This vegan chili will warm you up inside on a cold winters day and can be heated to 108 degrees and still be raw. It can also be put into the dehydrator for a few hours for a more cooked taste.
- Chinese Noodle Salad is Quick, Easy and Highly Nutritious
- This Chinese noodle salad is packed with minerals, vitamins and vital enzymes. It's culinary and medicinal. Everything is raw except for your choice of temph or tofu.
- Raw Falafels are Delicious and an Excellent Source of Enzymes
- Raw falafels are made with sprouted garbanzo beans in a similar way to cooked ones. But, they pack far more nutrients in a greater diversity and active enzymes
- Vegan Taco Recipes are Healthy and Satisfying, Alternatives to Meat
- Vegan taco recipes do not repeat, give you heartburn or indigestion. They are light but filling not to mention amazingly delicious. Your children will love them
- Mediterranean Salad is Vibrantly Alive with Flavor and Healthy Ingredients
- Mediterranean Salad gives you a pungent taste of fresh herbs and garlic in a tangy dressing that will keep you coming back for more.
- This Avocado Dessert is a Crowd Pleaser and Highly Nutritious Too
- This avocado dessert is decadent and very popular. Avocados has powerful health benefits too. Include the coconut oil and cacao or carob, and you have a delicious superfood combo.
- Avocado Recipes are Versatile, Highly Nutritious and Filling
- Avocado recipes make a great meat substitute, because they contain a broad spectrum of nutrients and are high in good fats. Their rich flavor and creamy texture
- Physical Fitness and a Raw Food Diet are Keys to Good Health and Longevity
- Physical fitness exercises improve your health, help you lose weight and give you a brighter outlook on life. Couple exercise with a plant-based diet and you have the two most important ingredients
- Emotional Distress is a Root Cause of Disease
- Chronic emotional distress causes or escalates all disease in the body. Toxic emotions elevate stress hormones throwing the body into a fight or flight response.
- Byron Katie and How to Eliminate Emotional Pain
- Byron Katie was depressed and suicidal. At a halfway house she slept on the floor, because she felt she didn't deserve a bed. That night she had an epiphany that changed her life forever...
- This About us Page Will Introduce You to the Key Writers
- Sandra Weaver is a content copy writer, who started her career
- Advanced Glycation End Products Cause Chronic Degenerative Disease
- Advanced glycation end products (AGEs) form from a diet of animal products, fried foods, and bad food combining. AGEs are gooey plaque like substances that form anywhere in the body.
- An Under Active Thyroid Compromises Every Function in Your Body
- An under active thyroid is called hypothyroidism, affects about 40% of the population
- DCIS is Often Treated Like Breast Cancer, Even Though it Isn't
- DCIS is the most common form of tumor in breast tissue. "In situ" means "noninvasive," stage "0" breast cancer. Up to 33% of new "breast cancer" diagnoses from mammograms are ductal carcinoma in situ.
- Low Thyroid Symptoms May Originate in Your Liver
- Low thyroid symptoms include: fatigue even after a good nights sleep, anxiety, depression, off sense of taste and smell, foggy brain, heart palpitations, high blood pressure, high cholesterol,
- Raw Foodism...Healthy Diet or a Death Trap
- Raw foodism hails raw food to be humanities natural diet. That may be true, but if your body isn't prepared for large quantities of raw food, it could kill you...like it almost did to me.